May 22, 2009

A Hard Case

1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS given to the rich and nothing for the poor, the working poor or the middle class.
The above is what one person commented on one of my blogs awhile ago.  I was talking about the TEA parties.  He thought I was talking about the stimulus bill.  Whatever.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that I am now employed thanks to the stimulus money that has been sent to my neck of the woods.  The stimulus money has employed myself and 10 other people at Catholic Charities.  My job will be providing job training and then finding jobs for youths aged 16-24 in households making 150% of the Federal poverty guidelines.  So, this stimulus money is going to the poor, the working poor, and the middle class.

The dude ended his comment with:
How's that working out for you?
It's working out very well for me.  Thank you.  You should comment again some time.  We miss you.

--
"You pressed 'You', referring to me.  That is wrong.  The correct answer is you."

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think I was in a similar youth job placement program when I was a teen. I had to take a class on employment and then I was hooked up with a job for the summer (my first job ever). My family wasn't that poor, though. I remember I somehow had an "in" to the program and I was having a hard time finding a job on my own so I decided to do it. I think the county job and family services agency ran it. Anyways, I worked at a rehab clinic. Yeah. You can only imagine the shenanigans that ensued there...

    ReplyDelete